Skip To Content


  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A
  • |

Main content of the website

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A
  • |


Apply for Utility Bill Relief Today!

Complete and submit the 2021 Utility Bill Penalty Exemption application to waive penalties for any unpaid 2021 Utility bills.

What is a Town of Blackfalds Utility Account?

The Town of Blackfalds provides water, sewer, solid waste & recycling collection services to properties within Town limits. All other services are provided by a private service provider who bills separately.

How Do I Set Up a Utility Account?

Utility accounts must be registered by the property owner; renters arrange for payment of their utility bill with the landlord. The Town must be notified if the property owner wishes to have the utility bill registered under the tenant’s name as well.

Register for your utility account at the Town Office or online, (form below) 2 days before your move in date. You will need to provide your current mailing address to receive the monthly utility bill via Canada Post or you may request email delivery. 

A $25 fee is charged at the time of account set up and this amount is applied to your first utility bill.

How Can I Pay My Utility Bill?

Residents are encouraged to sign up to receive their utility bills electronically. Payment may then be made:

How Often Will I Receive a Utility Bill?

Utility bills are issued on the last business day of each month and are due by the 15th day of the following month. Please let the Town Office know if you are moving so that your services will be disconnected and your final bill can be forwarded for you.

What Else Should I Know?

See this Water Meter document for questions on how to read your water meter and High Water Use checklist for information of causes and means for correcting.

When setting up your utility account, ensure your residence has a blue recycle cart and a black solid waste cart. If your residence is new, a date to deliver your carts will be scheduled.

Residents are responsible for storing and maintaining the carts. If the carts get damaged, contact the Town to repair. Property owners are responsible for replacing missing carts; however, if a cart is stolen, the Town will replace it if a police report is completed.