We are here to help!
Our planning & development team will assist you with any aspect of planning and development of lands within Town boundaries such as:
- Development and building permits
- Letters of compliance
- Assistance with the processes for subdivision review
- Re-designation of land
- Other business, planning and environmental services.
Contact us via e-mail or by phone at 403.885.9679 Ext. 280 if you have any questions regarding construction projects such as basement development, sheds, hot tubs, and garages.
There are no Public Hearings at this time.
- Area Structure Plan Application Form - May 2022
- Land Use Bylaw & Plan Amendment Application - February 2024
- Area Structure Plans - Draft Approval Process
- Aspen Lakes West ASP
- Aurora Heights ASP
- Blackfalds Crossing ASP
- Blackfalds Industrial ASP
- Cottonwood Meadows ASP
- Lakeside ASP
- McKay Ranch ASP
- Panorama Estates ASP
- Valley Ridge Estates ASP
Land Use Bylaw
Land Use Bylaw No. 1268/22
Council gave third and final reading to the new Land Use Bylaw No. 1268/22 on April 26, 2022.
See the updated Land Use Bylaw 1268/22 here.
See our Land Use District Map here!
Should your financial institution or another relevant agency request that you provide them with a Real Property Report, you may use the surveyor that they recommend or visit the Alberta Land Surveyors Association for further information on Real Property Reports.
When you receive your Real Property Report, you can contact us to request a Certificate of Compliance, if necessary. There are various associated requirements and fees related to this certificate that is dependent on your needs. We will outline this detail for you at the time of your request.
Check out the Related Documents section below for various planning documents and processes.
Our Certificate of Compliance Policy is located under Town Policies
- Intermunicipal Development Plan
- Municipal Development Plan
- AB Environment- Stepping Back From the Water
- Blackfalds Population and Land Demand Analysis
- Joint Economic Agreement
- Municipal Planning Commission Bylaw 1075-08
- 2015 Off-Site Levies Report
- Safety Codes Council - Do I Need a Building Permit Tips Sheet
- What Kind of Permits are Required (Nov. 2021)