Skip To Content

Government & Services

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A
  • |

Main content of the website

Planning & Development

We are here to help!

Our planning & development team will assist you with any aspect of planning and development of lands within Town boundaries such as:

  • Development and building permits
  • Letters of compliance
  • Assistance with the processes for subdivision review
  • Re-designation of land
  • Annexation
  • Other business, planning and environmental services. 

Contact us via e-mail or by phone at 403.885.9679 Ext. 280 if you have any questions regarding construction projects such as basement development, sheds, hot tubs, and garages.

There are no public hearings scheduled at this time.


The Town of Blackfalds is considering allowing front parking pads again in residential front yards. Front parking pads are hard-surfaced areas on a front lawn that are not attached to a garage to provide parking. Any new front parking pads have been prohibited since the summer of 2009; however, there has been community interest in allowing them again.

This open house is a crucial opportunity for you, as a Blackfalds resident, to review the draft rules around front parking pads and provide your invaluable comments and suggestions. Your input is vital as we aim to listen to what you have to say about front parking pads in general and any suggestions on how the Town can best regulate them. 

Missed the Open House on June 26?

Copies of the display boards are available here.

Comment sheets can be downloaded here to fill out and submit.

Please submit written comments by July 17, 2024 through any of the following methods:

Regular Mail or Town of Blackfalds Drop Off Box:

Attention: Planning & Development Department
Box 220, 5018 Waghorn Street
Blackfalds AB T0M 0J0

Fax: 403-600-0045

Phone: 403-885-9679 


Land Use Bylaw

Land Use Bylaw No. 1268/22

Council gave third and final reading to the new Land Use Bylaw No. 1268/22 on April 26, 2022.

See the updated Land Use Bylaw 1268/22 here.
See our Land Use District Map here!

Related Documents:

Should your financial institution or another relevant agency request that you provide them with a Real Property Report, you may use the surveyor that they recommend or visit the Alberta Land Surveyors Association for further information on Real Property Reports.

When you receive your Real Property Report, you can contact us to request a Certificate of Compliance, if necessary. There are various associated requirements and fees related to this certificate that is dependent on your needs. We will outline this detail for you at the time of your request.

Check out the Related Documents section below for various planning documents and processes.

Our Certificate of Compliance Policy is located under Town Policies