Now boasting a population of over 11,000 (according to the 2021 Municipal Census), Blackfalds is one of the youngest and fastest-growing communities in Canada.
Situated in Central Alberta, and in-between Alberta’s two largest urban centres, Blackfalds retains the feel and security of a small town while being only a short drive from first, middle, senior and post-secondary education, regional-scale shopping outlets, and entertainment.
Outstanding recreational opportunities, a robust and diversified economy and affordable land and housing are among the factors contributing to our thriving, successful, and dynamic community.
If you are looking to be a part of a hardworking and fun-loving team, we look forward to receiving your resumé!
Apply today and join our team!
The Town of Blackfalds is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals interested in applying for any positions to submit their cover letter and resume via our applicant tracking system: TownOfBlackfalds.scouterecruit.net.
You must apply for a position online. We do not accept applications in person, by fax, email, or mail.
Please select the job posting for details.
For employment opportunities with the Town, please check back regularly or follow our Facebook page.
Why work for the Town of Blackfalds?
We take great pride in our forward-thinking organization, a positive work culture, and being surrounded by a dedicated group of talented and diverse people. Working for the Town of Blackfalds means working for an inclusive and supportive workplace that values a healthy work-life balance.
Our staff genuinely care about our community, and we actively innovate and improve our services and programs making us stand out from other municipalities. Being proud of our accomplishments and working hard for our citizens is what we do best!
Town of Blackfalds Human Resources
The Town of Blackfalds employs exceptional people who have chosen public services as their career and who are making a difference in our community.
At the Town of Blackfalds, we are searching for people that best “fit” our corporate values. While your education and qualifications are important, this “fit” means you have the right blend of skills, knowledge, abilities, behaviour, and values required for the position and for success at the Town of Blackfalds.
Town of Blackfalds employees strive to make our community a better place to live, work and play and are committed to providing excellent programs and services and stand-out facilities and amenities that make a difference in our community.
Benefits & Salary
Working for the Town of Blackfalds offers a number of benefits:
- Extended Health Care including prescription drugs, vision and dental coverage
- Health & Wellness Account – up to $500 per year
- Enrollment in the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- To ensure that our staff are fairly compensated for their hard work and commitment to the community, the Town of Blackfalds conducts formal compensation reviews.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provides confidential counselling and referral services
- Group life insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short and long-term disability programs to ensure your income is not affected by serious illness or injury (mandatory Employee paid premium)
Paid Vacation starts at 3 weeks
The Town hosts a number of fun employee appreciation events organized by our dynamic Social Committee. Events include summer BBQ’s, potlucks, work socials, an annual Christmas party, and more.
- Free membership to our Abbey Centre
- Long Term Service Recognition
- Paid Sick Leave / Family Sick leave
- 4 paid personal leave days
- Paid statutory holidays
- Free parking at all our municipal buildings
- Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate for employees
The Town of Blackfalds recognizes the need to provide an environment that is conducive to continuous learning, to establish a sense of fairness and consistency in the delivery of learning opportunities, and to ensure that all employees have access to resources and opportunities.
We encourage our staff to further their careers, advance and move up in the organization. Through our annual performance evaluation process, employees work with their supervisors to create a learning plan to help improve and build on their skills.
- Computer training, safety training, incident command system (ICS), Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP), etc.
- Professional Development – leadership and soft skills training & other work-related development opportunities
Other Development Opportunities
- Paid memberships to professional associations
- Lunch & learns
- External courses and programs