Outdoor Aquatic Centre
Get ready to make a splash at the McKay Ranch Outdoor Aquatic Centre!
Closed for the season!
Our one-of-a-kind outdoor aquatic centre features a spray park with tot slides, giant tipping buckets and lots of spray features.
Bring your friends and enjoy the leisure pool with a zero-depth entrance with beach features, a little tots' area, and two three-story water slides. The Jr. Olympic pool which is a 4-lanes 25 meters long pool features a 1-metre diving board and a 10 ft. rock wall. Everyone is welcome to relax in the 26-person hot tub at the end of a long day or after your workout.
Only Mobile Meals & Munchies patrons will have access to the outdoor eating area this season, however, members and guests are welcome to bring their food from home or bring in food from other restaurants, but it must be eaten within the Abbey Centre itself (common/public areas i.e. tables or field house bleachers) or outside in the green space.
No outside food will be allowed in the Outdoor Aquatic Centre other than water/sports drinks in non-breakable containers.
Thank you for your cooperation with this change, and we look forward to hosting you again this summer!
Pool Schedules and Swim Lessons
More information about the 2023 pool hours will be released next spring.
The Abbey Centre Aquatics team is always looking for mature, passionate, energetic teens who want to experience the aquatic environment firsthand! We are specifically looking for individuals who have started their advanced courses in the aquatic industry. Volunteers will get firsthand experience lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons as they work with a certified staff member.
See the Aquatics Volunteer Program information sheet for more information.
- Children 7 and under must be supervised by a responsible person at all times
- The supervisor must be swim-ready and be within arms reach
- Supervisor 13 + years max. 4 children.
- Spectators will be provided with a white supervisory wristband at no charge which allows them access to the pool deck only
- Young children, 35 months and under, or anyone who is incontinent must wear protective, water-resistant swimwear (available at Guest Services)
- Any person with a communicable disease or infection is not permitted to enter the pools
- Food, beverage (except water) or chewing gum is NOT permitted around the pool deck.
- No outside food is allowed in the Aquatic Centre. Mobile Meals & Munchies will be open to serve the aquatics patio area. Outside food can be consumed inside the Abbey Centre and on the outside green spaces.
- Children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult or supervisor when using or on the slide.
- Children under 48" (4 ft) must go down the slides with an adult or supervisor.
- If a child is 4 feet/48 inches and able to go down the slide on their own, the adult/supervisor must wait at the bottom of the slide to catch their child.
- Unless accompanied by a supervisor/adult, only one person is permitted on the slide at a time.
- Parents may slide down with one child at a time.
- In the case of two children under 4 feet, a parent is required for each child to use the slide.
- Please look before you slide and always slide feet first.
- No running or launching onto the slide.
- Please wait until the person in front of you exits the slide drop area below before going down the slide.
- When sliding down the green slide, exit to the left
- Exit to the right when sliding down the purple slide.
- Toys, PFD's or water wings are not allowed on the water slides.
We want you and your family safe during thunderstorms!
Due to its random and unpredictable nature, preparedness and quick responses are the best defenses towards the lightning hazard. Swimming pools are connected to a much larger surface area via underground water pipes, gas lines, electric and telephone wiring, etc. Lightning strikes to the ground anywhere on this metallic network may induce shocks elsewhere. And where there's thunder, there is lightning!
So WHEN THUNDER ROARS, GO INDOORS!
Aquatics staff must have a 30 minute continuous all clear before operations can resume. Please keep an eye out for signage posted by Guest Services for any ongoing weather advisories.