Admission & Membership
With the purchase of a membership, or 10-punch you will be granted unlimited access to the Fitness Centre, Outdoor Aquatic Centre, Running Track, Indoor Play Space, Drop-In Fitness Classes, Registered Fitness Classes (drop-in option ONLY), and daily (M-F) drop-in activities in the Field House.
General Admission and Memberships
|Age Category||Single Admission||10-Punch Pass||Monthly||Monthly|
|Infant (Under 1)||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||n/a|
|Toddler (1 & 2)||1.00||9.00||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Senior Plus (75+)||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
*Max. of 5 family members in the same household. Additional children can be added to the membership for 50% of the corresponding membership price.
Monthly memberships are 30 days from the date of activation
This account will be used to provide those who might need a little extra support with a complimentary day admission! Youth must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Please contact Guest Services for program information or to access the Community Care day admission!
If you are interested in contributing, any amount is appreciated! A charitable receipt can be requested for amounts of $20 and over.
Methods of Payment
We accept Abbey Centre Gift Cards, Debit, Visa (incl. Visa/Debit), MasterCard (incl. MC/Debit), Amex, cheque or cash.
Get your walk/run in without paying for a day pass with the Track-Only option!
Pay $2 per day or get a 10-punch pass.
|Day Use||10-Punch Pass|
The Perks of Annual Memberships
Annual members are eligible to register early in Town programs and classes, receive two (2) complimentary day passes upon membership activation or renewal and have the ability to place their membership on hold up to twice a year (certain restrictions do apply). Membership forms are available at the Abbey Centre or can be downloaded here.
Annual memberships paid monthly with a credit card, and monthly auto-renew must be set up in person. After purchasing a new membership online, members are required to stop by the Guest Services desk on their first visit to receive their membership number and photo.
* Auto-Renew Monthly Membership
Skip the lines and forms and set up your monthly membership to automatically charge your credit card!
To cancel, simply contact Guest services to cancel the automatic payment.
** Annual Membership Monthly Payments
Annual memberships are paid monthly using your credit card.
Memberships purchased are non-transferable.
Memberships may only be cancelled or refunded by meeting specific criteria (medical or relocation outside of 50 km only).
All Fitness Centre/Track users are required to wear athletic gym apparel. No bare chests. Clothing must be free of inappropriate or offensive language/graphics.
Clean, dry shoes are required in the Fitness Centre/Track and Field House.
Our online registration system is a fast, easy, and convenient way to view and register for Town programs.
All users require an account to make use of online registration and manage their memberships.
Users may set up their accounts online, but if you require further assistance, please call the Abbey Centre at 403.885.4039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your account.
To register online, go to blackfalds.com/register.
We accept Abbey Centre gift cards, cash, cheques, debit, Visa, Mastercard and AMEX (only Visa or M/C credit cards are accepted for online registrations and memberships).
Except for fitness classes with drop-in access, a minimum number of registrations must be completed for a class to run.
The Town reserves the right to cancel any course. Registrants will receive notice of cancellation prior to the course start date.
Full refunds are issued only when programs are cancelled by the Town of Blackfalds.
- Members may freeze their membership for medical reasons with no penalty provided there is still one (1) week minimum remaining on the membership. No refunds, prorated or otherwise may be permitted.
- Members may have unlimited freezes placed on their membership for the reason of their choice provided there is still one (1) week minimum remaining on the membership,
- Monthly memberships are not eligible for withdrawal or transfer
- Medical - Members may withdraw from their membership for medical reasons with no penalty. The remaining fees will be prorated provided there are still 3 weeks minimum left on their membership. Processing of the refund will only take place once the medical note has been received and per the indicated date on the note.
- Relocation - Members may withdraw from their membership if they have moved more than 50 km away from Blackfalds. The remaining fees will be prorated provided there are still 3 weeks minimum left on their membership. Processing of the refund will only take place once the proof of new residency has been received.
Credit on Account
- Refunds may be requested by the user and left as a credit on account, for up to one (1) year, for future use. Refunds, when able, will be issued back to the original credit card or issued via cheque which will take up to three (3) weeks to process.
- If credits on the account remain after one (1) year they will be automatically paid out if over $25. If the credit on account is under $25 the credit will be forfeited.
If a program is full, you may place your name on a wait list. You will be contacted when space becomes available or if additional programs are added.