We are proud to welcome Roll E-Scooters to Blackfalds for a two-year pilot program! Connecting Blackfalds to Lacombe, this new addition creates an alternate mode of environmentally friendly transportation.
How does it work?
Download the Roll app via the App Store or Google Play Store to get started. Then, find an available scooter around Blackfalds and scan the QR code. Follow the prompts on the app, and you're ready to take a ride.
What are the rules?
- One rider per scooter, please! Double riding is strictly prohibited.
- Don't drink and ride. Preventative measures are in place to ensure that only sober drivers operate a scooter.
- Wearing a helmet is highly encouraged! You can find your free helmet at the Civic Cultural Centre and participating businesses (date to be announced). Once you get a helmet, it's yours!
- Park the scooter in the designated parking zone on your app. Please do not block pedestrian zones on sidewalks or in front of businesses. The apps now have a warning when it has detected the scooter has been parked incorrectly.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to ride.
Can I ride on bike lanes?
Can I ride on shared pathways, roadways, and empty sidewalks?
Can I ride on the highways?
No - in Blackfalds, Highway 2A crossings will be considered a "no use zone" please walk your scooter to the other side of the highway.
Can I double on the scooter?
No - only one rider is permitted at a time.
How do I report mishandlings of scooters?
You can make a report via the Roll website found below!